Search This Blog

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Be your own friend

So often we look to find comfort in others. Whether it be from their words, touch or maybe just their presence we tend to depend on other people to make us feel better; when the truth of the matter is, if you are not a good friend to yourself then you won't allow anyone else to be a good friend to you. Have you ever  wondered why talking to a friend about your problems didn't help you feel better? You never want to tell your friend that they really didn't help you but deep inside you know its true. I feel that is because sometimes we need to help ourselves! We need to be our own best friend...spend time with yourself; because if you don't like hanging with you most likely your friends won't like hanging with you. Its ok to go see a movie by yourself, go eat breakfast lunch or dinner by yourself, go shopping by yourself its OK to get to know yourself! We have to learn to find comfort in ourselves through spirituality. One day I was all caught up in my feelings and I started to pick up the phone and call a friend to vent but then I stopped myself and decided to pray about my issues and you know what I felt better after. I felt proud because I found strength through prayer and over came my feeling of being sad and emotional by trusting myself. We are a lot stronger than we give ourselves credit for, if we lean on others too often; we loose our inner strength. Don't allow yourself to become weak by loosing your inner strength..ALWAYS remember that you are stronger than you think!

2 comments:

  1. You know a lot of times I found my self in the same situation looking for someone to call and lay my burdens on instead of trying to work it out my self just like you said you did I prayed about it and felt just as good as when I called that friend before. So yes there are ways to comfort and strengthen your inner self.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes sometimes we forget to be our own friend because we are too busy being our own worst enemy! !

    ReplyDelete