Search This Blog

Thursday, February 27, 2014

20 seconds of courage

Good Morning "Loyal Readers" I have always been told that to be successful all it takes is "20 seconds of courage"; and you know what I find that to be extremely true! The other day I went Downtown/Uptown Charlotte because it was the first day of the CIAA tournament; I felt it would be a great time to get my name out in the streets, so I passed out my books, tshirts and business cards. At first I almost let my nerves get the best of me and went back home but I had to tell myself repeatedly that "all it takes is 20 seconds". Finally I found a parking spot, took a deep breath, said a prayer "Lord use me in the way you want; I am yours to use" then I grabbed my stuff and headed for the streets. I headed to the Time Warner Arena with my 9 year old son by my side and set up. When I looked at my son I felt better. I knew I had to put on my "big girl panties" and show him how to get pass your fears and go after what you want in life. I looked around and as I saw people approaching me, my thoughts raced in my head on how I would approach them. I have to say the first one came off a bit shaky but it was still successful. ..lol. I was a bit disappointed with myself so I went in on myself like "girl you know you got something great that people need to see and hear because it will help people feel good; you got this now stop being a succka and get it together". And lets just say everything was Awesome from there; I was talking to people, laughing, taking pictures, and just having a good time. I just needed to remind myself why I was doing it, also to let loose and have fun. I love writing and being creative and I will not let fear stand in my way. All it takes is 20 seconds of courage and your DREAMS can come true! That was just a stepping stone for me. Each time I put myself out there it will build my courage and make me stronger. Rejection is never easy but remember you can learn from it and it is vital for your growth. I am truly glad and proud of myself for stepping out of my shell.

-SunShyne B

Www.facebook.com/canagirl2

1 comment:

  1. Omg so teary eye, beautiful. Girl I pray n have faith that all ur adventures n dreams come true.I am so honored to get to know u n the woman u are today.Keep up the great job♡ PROUD OF U

    ReplyDelete